With the increased threats of Cyber Attacks targeting Cardholders Data, Pillar Total Solutions s.a.l.(PTS) in partnership with Analytix – Systems Auditor of South Africa have been taking the solid steps listed below to establish their presence in the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) domain and act as a PCI DSS hub in Beirut offering their services in the fields of Training, Consultancy & ultimately Certification, to all Acquirers, Issuers, Merchants and Service Providers within Lebanon and the region:
- PTS’s General Manager; Engineer Imad M. Jomaa fulfilled the PCI SSC stringent requirements and attained the PCI – Professional (PCIP®) certificate.
- Jorge Basilio (PCI DSS expert, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor and PCI-P®) of Analytix-Systems Auditors, visited Beirut during November and December 2016, where he held few meetings with major potential clients who are seeking support in the PCI DSS domain.
- Jorge Basilio also conducted two PCI DSS Introduction Training sessions, these sessions attracted over 30 attendees from various financial institutions and Service Providers.
- During Q2/Q3 2016, we assisted a Lebanese Service Provider in attaining approval from VeriFone to establish a POS repair center.
- Building an expert workforce by training two staff members on PCI DSS.
All of these activities aim at spreading the knowledge about PCI DSS and to emphasize its importance to all entities involved in payment card processing, that store, process, or transmit card holder data and / or sensitive authentication data.